Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Recap

It's been a quiet month for my blog, but that's not to say I haven't been accomplishing things around here!  In fact, I just couldn't find the time to sit down and share.  In August I...

went to the beach (and my cousin's wedding at the beach) with family..


Why yes, that is a finished Saco Stripes you see there!  It won a very generous Nice & Knit KAL grand prize!  More on that here.

came home to happy, laying (for the first time) hens..



so I went out and bought an egg basket!



passed my state boards and became licensed as a registered nurse in VA!



went on a date with my sister before she started back to school..





Sam (the collie) decided it would be a great idea to go down to the river, even though it required that he walk through mud up to his belly.




Then we went to see the pony.










celebrated some birthdays... 

my niece turned five

and my Maw Maw turned 101!

went to the annual outdoor baptism..




went to a neighboring county's agricultural fair and scored some fun and ribbons!

Even though it's an hour away, this is probably my favorite fair - think small town, horse pull, lawn mower racing, country bumpkin kinda fair!  I entered some of my canned goods, photos, and knits and was surprised at how many ribbons I took home (best in show for knitting and second overall for photography - woo!).  While I probably won't take stuff to a fair again, I thought it'd be fun to try once. 






hosted my husband's family for the first time in our first  home ...



He has an incredibly picky family, so I decided on a country meal you can't go wrong with!  Pinto beans & cornbread, greens, mac & cheese and tomato pudding with peach cobbler for dessert.  Quite possibly my favorite meal of all time.

not to mention harvested, sold and preserved like crazy and finished a test knit!  
More on those to come, very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment