Friday, November 14, 2014

Dress for a Dreamer




In the midst of recent chaos, we celebrated my (out-of-town) niece's third birthday.   My husband informed me that she is going through a unicorn phase, but that he couldn't find any unicorns in town with the party a mere three days away.  Since a dear woman in my life just gifted me one of her sewing machines (more on that later), I decided to jump in head first with this adorable unicorn fabric found in a neighboring town.  The fabric is from the Far Far Away collection by Heather Ross and the pattern is Geranium Dress by Made by Rae.  This is my first finished sewing project EVER (after a 30 minute crash course in how to sew a quarter inch seam) and as such, I'm very pleased with the results!  Now, don't get me wrong - it's far from perfect, but I think it will be just perfect in the eyes of the little lady wearing it.  Excuse the crumpley photos - I took them before the final pressing and it certainly shows.  YouTube is a wonderful resource and it's where I went to learn everything from pleats to buttonholes to edging stitches.  I've already bought fabric to make the grown up version for myself when Christmas gift making comes to a halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment