Saturday, August 5, 2017

Learning to Sew Again



It's been quite some time since I learned to sew and whipped up just a few little things.  Making this bonnet felt like learning all over again, but it was almost like riding a bike and quickly came back to me.  I have been eyeing Briar bonnets ever since I first saw them, but haven't had the money to spend on them for my fast growing little boy.  Instead, I found a free tutorial over at Purl Soho and made my own using some organic cotton bought with a coupon at Jo Ann Fabrics.  Not quite the same, but still oh, so sweet!   As you can see, I hadn't pressed the finished product (I didn't have an ironing board at the time), but it's still pretty darn cute.

4 comments:

  1. I like your version better! :-) And his sweet blue eyes! Having children has certainly spurred my skills, since there were so many things I wanted, but simply couldn't buy. Now my children think I can make anything. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think your children are right :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet picture! The look in his eyes - so much love and wonder :-)

    ReplyDelete