Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Wedding










December 11, 2016.  It wasn't an extravagant, expensive wedding full of guests on the edges of their seats. The beautiful wood benches in the old church sat empty that day.  It was just the six of us - Sam and I, our dear friend the preacher, my sister with a camera, Mom sitting in the parking lot, and God with us in spirit.  There were wormy chestnut walls, a few pretty flowers, icecicles on the mill and a chill in the air.  And love... there was so much love.  It was a perfect wedding, followed by a quick trip to the ocean and a few months later, a sweet baby boy.  We are so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I'd know that mill any where! I am just down the mountains here in Smyth County. Many congratulations to you--what a lovely place to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! My husband has a small farm about a minute from the mill. We just recently moved to Floyd County. I am so inspired by your blog... homeschooling has always been a dream of mine and love the idea of using waldorf methods.

      Delete
    2. How about that! It's a lovely place to have a farm. From what I understand, there has historically been a sort of Waldorf community in Floyd. I think there was a school, at one time, as I have seen one listed in older books that I have. :-)

      Delete